Italian Drunken Noodles
- olive oil
- 4 spicy Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 ½ t salt
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- ½ t black pepper
- 1 each red, yellow, orange bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ c white wine
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes w/ juice
- 2 T flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ c fresh basil, julienned, divided
- 8 oz fresh noodles, uncooked
Brown the sausage in the olive oil. Remove.
Caramelize onions. Add seasonings. Add peppers and saute for 2 minutes. Add garlic.
Add wine and deglaze. Reduce.
Add tomatoes and juice. Add sausage. Simmer for 4 minutes. Remove heat.
Prepare noodles. Drain well and add to sauce. Combine and season to taste.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: ½ hour