This recipe is more of a quicky, winter-style salsa. It is similar to salsas in a lot of the mexican and burrito places in the area.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered and cored
- 1 red onion, quartered and peeled
- at least 3 jalapeño peppers, strongly consider more or spicier peppers
- fresh cilantro
- juice from one lime
- ground cumin
- turbinado sugar
- 15 oz can of san marzano tomatoes
- 4.5 oz can diced green chilies, the hotter the better (or can of mild chiles and can of jalapeños)
Place all ingredients except the san marzano tomatoes and the canned chiles into a food processor. Pulse until fine and well blended.
Add the san marzano tomatoes and the can(s) of chies. Pulse until mostly smooth. Taste and season, if necessary. Refidgerate.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
My modifications to A Spicy Perspective