Italian Vegetable Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- beef broth
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15.5 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c frozen corn, thawed
- 1 t basil
- 1 t (dried) parsley
- ½ t oregano
- ½ t black pepper
- ¼ head green cabbage, roughly chopped
- shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh Italian parsley (optional)
Brown beef in soup pot. Add onion and cook until onion translucent. Add carrots, celery, garlic, and broth. Bring to boil
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, corn, basil, parsley, oregano, and pepper.
Bring to bare boil. Cook until everything in the soup is done. Add cabbage and cook until cabbage is done.
Top with cheese and parsley.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes