- Asian noodles, your choice of rice or egg
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ c chopped fresh Thai chiles
- 1 ½ lbs ground chicken
- ¼ c fish sauce
- ¼ c soy sauce
- 1 T sugar
- 4 large plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 4 Anaheim chiles, or 2 green bell peppers (about 12 ounces total), cut into strips
- ½ c fresh Thai basil leaves
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and Thai chiles; sauté 30 seconds. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients and sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Add noodles, tomatoes, and Anaheim chiles; toss to coat. Transfer to large platter, sprinkle with basil leaves, and serve.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes