Spicy Chicken with Peppers and Basil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan) wok or light colored oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chile oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small to medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 20 leaves fresh sweet basil, torn
Cut chicken on an angle across the breast into thin strips. Cut strips across into bite size pieces. Set chicken aside.
Heat a wok, wok shaped skillet, or large nonstick skillet over high heat. When the pan smokes, add wok or light cooking oil, and hot chile oil. Sprinkle in crushed pepper flakes. Add chicken and stir fry 2 minutes. Add onions, red bell peppers, and garlic and stir-fry for 1 or 2 more minutes. Add fish sauce. Remove the pan from heat and add basil. Toss chicken dish until basil wilts.
Serve chicken and peppers with prepared rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes